Assistant Fund Controller
My client are a Global Investment company with a heavy focus on Real Estate. They are looking for an Assistant Fund Controller to join their team to take ownership of a newly launched Property fund.
You will assist the fund controller for a new open ended, monthly priced fund launch. You will work closely with the Fund controller including all aspects of the day to day finance control and operations within the fund plus reporting to both internal and external stakeholders. The is a great hybrid role, for a newly qualified ACA or a Fund accountant with Real Estate experience looking for a step up in their career. You will be required to be commercially focused as well as technically strong.
- Preparation of monthly fund accounts reporting to include NAV, total distribution calculations and back up papers for the main fund, its feeder unit trust and offshore SPVs.
- Oversight of property manager accounting teams to include establishing consistency of service, and ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of their outputs.
- Assist in preparation of interim accounting report and year-end report and accounts for audit. Take lead in preparation and provision of working papers for year-end audit and preparation of SPV accounts.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT reporting for the fund and its SPV vehicles. To include partial exemption calculations, review and oversight of property manager accounting teams and liaison with external tax advisors.
- Preparation of information for external tax advisors for tax returns.
- Liaise with/oversee registrar/administration service provided by external organisation. To include regular oversight meetings and ensuring quality of service.
- Handle requirements for depositary reporting, be key day to day point of contact for depositary and lead quarterly meetings. Provide input into regulatory reporting.
- Support the property investment team in understanding property-specific accounting and tax issues.
- Assist the property investment team with preparation of IPD information and other property specific performance reporting on both a quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist the property investment team and fund controller if required by calculating performance metrics, modelling fund return scenarios and preparing budgets including cash flow forecasts.
You will be:
- Qualified ACA or ACCA. Audit background desirable.
- Real estate experience
- Knowledge and understanding of both UK GAAP and IFRS and their application to the real estate sector. Able to prepare fund statutory accounts for audit.
- Personable, driven and have an enthusiasm for the Real Estate sector.
Radley Green acts as an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.