£33,000 - £38,000 p/a + excellent benefits (Grade E)
Manchester city centre
Co-op procurement is changing, fast. We're quickly moving through stage 2 of a 3 stage transformation strategy that'll allow us to leverage the joint power of strategic sourcing and supplier management within a brand new category management model. We're also building a first class procurement services team- the engine room that sits behind our category managers and procurement leaders. Now we need to recruit a talented SRM Analyst to support the development of a consistent approach to supplier relationship management across the business. If you can bring us the amazing analytical abilities we need, we can offer you the chance to develop your skills and build a career with a business that's putting people (and procurement) at the heart of its strategy.
As an SRM Analyst at the Co-op, you'll help to implement a consistent approach to post-contract supplier relationship management. You'll get exposure across the business as you work with a wide range of people to develop and improve our reporting capabilities. And by providing vital analytics to our progressive, dynamic procurement team and their business customers, you'll have an opportunity to add massive value by helping us make smarter SRM decisions.
What you'll do:
- Provide analytical and co-ordination support to the SRM Manager and Head of Procurement Academy in building the new Co-op SRM programme
- Collate data and information to report on the SRM benefits programme, identifying long term trends and opportunities from data to create insight into supplier performance
- Set-up, deliver and follow up on strategic review sessions between key stakeholders
- Support the delivery of SRM training to the procurement team and wider business
- To be a subject matter expert in the analysis of supplier performance management
- Lead on the organisation of the Co-op supplier awards programme
- Work with the governance team to make sure SRM is properly represented in procurement policies
To be successful as our SRM Analyst, you'll need great analytical skills combined with a natural aptitude for using technology to improve services. Experience of building learning tools and designing user interfaces would be a big advantage, but it's not essential. More important will be your proven track record of using data to drive value and continuous improvement.
What you'll bring:
- Strong aptitude for using technology to build solutions and improve services
- Experience of using data to drive value and continuous improvement
- The ability to create and analyse reports, extracting key insights for senior audiences
- Advanced MS Excel skills (you'll need to be able to build macros, vlookups and pivot tables)
- A commitment to driving continuous improvement (lean six sigma accreditation is desirable)
- The ability to manage change and deal with ambiguity as a new team is set-up and embedded
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-expert audiences
172 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger, and it's thanks to them that when you join the modern Co-op, you'll receive a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes 27 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, private health cover and an amazing pension.
We want to change the world all over again. If you believe in our purpose, and you're keen to progress your career with a business that's different to all the rest, then join us. And help us rebuild an iconic British brand.
We're actively seeking to build diverse teams, and we welcome applications from all people regardless of ethnicity, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. We will make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.