Group Sales Manager
Group Sales Manager (Timber & Builders Merchants) - SW London
Salary £45-55K + Bonus + Car + package.
My client is an independent business with several branches across the South East and London. They have developed a notable name for themselves within their field. They are seeking a talented Manager with proven business development skills and ideally from a Merchant background.
Experience of sales planning strategies for generating high returns, ensuring the success of the assigned targets and ability to prepare the action policies for attaining the expected sales level.
Managing a team of 3-4 sales executives, selling directly to small and medium-sized businesses. Your team will sell to a broad range of clients spanning public and private sectors. Your clients will range from large developers with complex needs, through to smaller local general builders.
Managing the marketing department ensuring all campaign and promotional material is researched, performed and delivered on time.
Proactively managing the performance of your team to ensure achievement of clearly defined targets.
Supporting your team to identify and develop new prospects and sales leads and developing local market intelligence,
Developing and managing existing clients.
Delivery of hands-on coaching and support to your sales team.
As a leader, we will expect you to exemplify our leadership values - of pride in what you do, applying insight and influence to deliver results.
Monthly reporting to the managing director with updated sales figures, and sale ledger results, appraisal of department and personal objectives
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products and other relevant factors
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Maintains sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Effective leadership & motivational abilities for managing the sales staff and problem solving skills to handle any internal disputes within the department or depots.
- Knowledge of maintaining & updating the essential sales report formats, provides the timely feedback to management.
- Completes sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains sales staff job results by supporting and coaching employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Attend bi monthly meetings with the operations director, managing director and branch managers. Set weekly briefing meetings with the sales team and act upon or feedback information where required.
- Maximising sales through analysis of existing customer data and identifying products currently not purchased.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven field sales and new business experience, preferably with a local or regional focus.
- A track record of creating and growing new and untapped markets, as well as developing the value of an existing customer base,
- An inspirational and engaging leader able to motivate and coach teams to high performance,
- Strong, empathetic communicator and presenter,
- Resilient, able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced marketplace and company culture whilst maintaining professional standards,
- Organised account manager, able to manage and articulate information and sales data
- Proven creative thinker, able to develop solutions to complex problems
- Comfortable with MS Office suite and CRM tools,
- Confident user of social media to gain local market intelligence.
If you feel time is right for change and want to be part of something special where your efforts will be well rewarded - then we would like to hear from you.