Data Centre Project Manager
Data Centre Project Manager
£45,000 - £50,000 DOE Plus Benefits
If you’re an analytical project management professional with experience of cabling infrastructure within Data Centre environments, this is a brilliant opportunity to work on a range of exciting and ambitious projects with a successful business.
Our client provides a range of voice, video and data technologies to enable people to interact, engage and communicate with each other. They are now looking for a Data Centre Project Manager to join their team.
As the Data Centre Project Manager, you’ll provide project and programme management services for IT and infrastructure installation and relocation projects within data centres.
Taking ownership of all aspects of customers’ projects, you’ll collaborate with in-house and external teams to deliver projects within budget and set timescales. The majority of your work will be undertaken in West London or Slough.
Specifically, your duties will involve:
- Identifying, recording and mitigating potential project issues and/or risks
- Chairing customer and team project meetings
- Manage a nominated delivery team as well as the client, through each phase of the project life cycle (design, implementation, testing and support transition)
- Ensuring that safe working practices are designed, documented and adhered to at all times
- Co-ordination of project deliveries in line with the project delivery framework
Assessing the quality of completed work and ensure it reaches our client’s high standards
- Controlling, managing and reporting on the project budget
- Assisting with forward-planning activities to ensure adequate resources and materials for each project phase
Interested? To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will need:
- Project management experience including familiarity with principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation
- Experience of cabling infrastructure (copper and fibre)
- Previous experience of using MS Project for project planning
- A good understanding of Audio Visual, Physical Security and LAN and WAN technologies
Highly motivated and flexible, as the Data Centre Project Manager, you’ll be a natural leader with excellent communication skills. At your best when under pressure, you’ll also have superb prioritisation abilities and a pragmatic approach to problem-solving. You must also be driven by the desire to provide clients with the best possible service at all times.
Ideally, you have experience of developing and maintaining MI reporting relating to daily operations within an international environment, but this is by no means essential.
To apply for the role of Data Centre Project Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Data Centre Project Manager, Data Centre Programme Manager, Infrastructure Project Manager, IT Project Manager, Technical Project Lead, IT Programme Manager, IT.