Senior Finance Analyst, Retail Plc, c£55-60k
Mini Commercial Controller role with responsibility for the trading finance analysis of a £1bn t/o fresh food division. In a highly competitive market this role is crucial to making the right commercial decisions. Partnering with the Trading Director and leading a team of 2 Analysts we are looking for an experienced, qualified accountant, with evidence of working alongside and influencing, senior non finance stakeholders.
- You will be responsible for providing sound financial appraisals, including projects, tenders, and a number of value-add streams that will help your categories achieve and exceed targets set by the Business Unit Director
- Types of ad hoc analysis that will be needed are around the success of promotional strategies; trials; seasonal activity or events; sub-brands; trading intensity; product/buyer profitability; capital investment etc.
- As part of the core Trading Finance team you will support your Business Unit Finance Manager and Senior Manager, advising on performance but also being responsible for communicating project progress, financial benefits or outcomes pertinent to your area.
- As with any key business partnering role, financial rigour is at the heart of what you do, and you will provide the necessary challenge and excellence to ensure the robustness of your figures. You will need to ensure that we remain compliant to all relevant financial accounting standards and advise buyers and category managers when needed
- On a rota, throughout the year, you will be responsible for daily and weekly sales reporting
Qualifications and experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience in either a large multinational or SME in Retail or FMCG
- Evidence of complex financial analysis
- Business partnering experience at a senior level
- In person you need to be natural relationship builder, proactive and ambitious
- Strong, ideally advanced, excel skills
Trace is an innovative recruitment consultancy. Our person organisation fit profiling tool, the Predictive Fit Profiler, is helping us fit our candidates with our clients from a personality, behaviours, motivations and cultural compatibility perspective.