Accounts Payable Supervisor / Senior Accounts Payable Assistant
Job Title: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Location: London, Heathrow
Salary: £32,000 - £36,000
Available immediately, and based in London (LHR), the company is seeking a Accounts Payable Supervisor. The primary responsibility of this role is to manage the Accounts Payable function and to provide support to Aerospace Finance. Overall responsibility to manage and to ensure the processes run smoothly and efficiently. The company is looking for a detail oriented person with good interpersonal skills who is able to work to deadlines under pressure.
The company is a young and dynamic company with global exposure and a diverse work environment. The business currently owns and manages approximately 100,000 unit load devices (ULDs), and serves more than 90 airlines across a network of 48 global maintenance and repair centers (29 owned) and 450 airports. The business has recently been acquired by EQT Infrastructure and under the private equity ownership is looking forward to growing ambitiously.
- To provide essential support to the four business sectors within Aerospace
- Pooling / MRO EMEA / MRO APAC / MRO AMERICAS
- Managing/Processing the inflow of accounts payable invoices for the various business sectors, Controlling the mailboxes for each region to book all invoices into the accounting system on a timely basis.
- Accurately coding of Invoices to the relevant companies using the relevant nominal ledger codes and cost centres
- Identifying certain invoice types and taking the relevant action on such invoices such as prepayment invoices.
- Distribution of invoices for approval to key personnel within the business.
- Efficiently managing the work flow to minimise invoice queues at any given time.
- Matching Invoices to Purchase Orders for CAPEX and Stock Invoices.
- Fixed Asset Management.
- Help desk function - dealing with suppliers to resolve any disputes.
- Supporting the Financial Controllers with relevant ad-hoc requests.
- Cash posting for Account Receivable.
- Preparation of payment runs on a weekly basis for due invoices at set days during each week for each business area via BACS, EFT's or other.
- Distribution of the payment runs to the relevant Controller for approval.
- Uploading payments into SAP for approval from the relevant Controllers.
- Uploading payments to the relevant Bank Accounts.
- Payment reconciliations to bank accounts to ensure that correct allocations are performed.
- Assist with weekly cash forecast.
- Perform month close of the Accounts Payable Ledger for each company.
- Preparation of monthly Accounts Payable reconciliations.
- Maintain the Accounts Payable Ledger to a good standard to ensure that aged items are dealt with.
- Preparation of Month End Accruals and Prepayments.
- Preparation of month end reports.
- Intercompany Reconciliations.
- Working to tight monthly deadlines.
Administrative support for the Financial Controllers:
- Dealing with supplier queries.
- Providing analysis for certain invoice types with back-up support.
- Providing support for Internal/External Auditors.
Maintaining supporting schedules for the financial statements:
- Fixed asset listing and depreciation schedule
- Creation of Fixed Assets
- Prepaid expenses listing
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet GL accounts
- Year-end VAT, tax.
- Assist with collection of data for the development and reporting of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
Other Accounting/Finance duties:
- Appraisals for staff
- Timely VAT/GST tax payments
- Bank reconciliations
- Manage petty cash float
- General clerical duties such as manning the switchboard.
- Any Other reasonable request
Skills/ qualifications/ experience required:
- 2 years previous supervisory experience in managing staff within accounting environment
- 3 years progressive accounting experience (in accounts payable or other related field)
- Working knowledge of all functions in an accounting/finance office
- Good knowledge with Microsoft Office applications (basic knowledge of Excel/Spreadsheets)
- Experience of SAP/SAPbyDesign desirable
- Knowledge of GAAP and IFRS principles
- Knowledge of VAT/indirect taxes
- International experience highly advantageous
- Spoken and written English, other languages an asset
- A valid employment permit for the United Kingdom
To apply for this role, please click APPLY to submit your CV and a Cover Letter.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Accounts Payable Supervisor, Accounts Coordinator, Senior Accounts Payable, Accountant, Accounts Officer, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Bookkeeping, Accounts Clerk, Book Keeper, Accounts Reconciliation, Bank Reconciliation, Finance Clerk, Finance Assistant, Bookkeeping, Accounts Manager, Accounts Supervisor will be considered for this role.