Sales Ledger Clerk
Are you looking to work for an award-winning global company that offers many challenging and rewarding career opportunities?
Our Client is currently recruiting for a Sales Ledger Clerk for our Harlow office.
The Main Purpose of this role
The administration and application of cash receipts from customers along with ensuring the sales ledger is kept up to date and reconciled.
All tasks to be carried out in a Total Quality manner, consistent with the Company culture.
- Sorting post for incoming Cheque Payments, BACS Remittances advices.
- Downloading bank statements.
- Reviewing and identifying unposted bank statement items.
- Posting the cheque values to the customer accounts.
- Posting the values of customer bank transfers to the customer accounts.
- Allocating customer receipts to invoices from remittance advices.
- Utilising the automatic matching of cash options where possible.
- Monthly review of accounts in Credit.
- Recording the receipt batches posted .
- Running and reviewing the unmatched cash reports.
- Batch up the cheques for banking.
- Banking the cheques.
- Chasing customers for missing remittance advice's.
- Reconciling payments made to the account with customers.
- Applying actions to the customer accounts such as payment discounts, customer debit notes and small write offs.
- Sending relevant account information from remittances to the account controllers.
- Maintain remittance advice's for scanning.
- Regular review of outstanding debit notes.
- Support reconciliation of AR items recorded in General Ledger.
- Clear cash items in treasury systems and support bank reconciliations.
- Entry of credit notes on customer account and any relevant re-invoicing where required.
- Escalation of issue's to supervisor or manager.
- General knowledge of accounts receivables and sales ledgers.
- Accuracy of data entry.
- Reconciliation and data manipulation.
- Experience on Excel.
- Oracle knowledge/experience an advantage.
This opportunity offers excellent benefits such as an incentive bonus, free parking, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and best doctor's service.