Inspection and Materials Assessment Technician
Wafer Technology Ltd. is a division of IQE plc, a leading global supplier of advanced compound semiconductor materials offering the widest product range of any independent wafer supplier in the world. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities; two in Cardiff, one in Milton Keynes and one in Bath in the UK; five in the USA; one in Taiwan and one in Singapore. The Group also has 11 sales offices located in major economic centres worldwide.
The role involves the inspection and assessment of compound semiconductor wafers and related materials supporting production. The role will involve shift work on a 24-5 rotating shift pattern.
- To work within a semiconductor cleanroom environment and to wear cleanroom garments
- To inspect and assess compound semiconductor wafers and related materials using various surface and bulk analytical techniques
- To work with various types of instrumentation that are used to characterise semiconductor materials, this including visual inspection and optical microscopy
- To prepare samples of semiconductor materials for assessment using various physical methods
- To maintain and record data using database systems and Microsoft Excel
Hours of work:
Monday - Friday; 3 week shift rota earlies, lates & nights
Good level of education including English, Mathematics and a science subject(s)
Experience of working in a clean room environment is required
Experience of working with semiconductor materials or device would be highly desirable
Experience of handling chemicals, awareness of COSHH regulations and the adherence to procedures and risk assessments.
Experience of working with databases and the recording of data using Microsoft Excel
Salary & Benefits
£18k >£20k plus shift allowance and a comprehensive benefitspackage
If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter