As a member of the central management accounts team, the main responsibilities of this role are to ensure accurate, timely and simple accounting for all aspects of the ISS business unit across the region. You will use your solid accounting knowledge to ensure revenue and costs are correctly recorded and that balance sheet accounts are correctly stated. By working closely with the financial transactions teams (AR & AP) you will maintain a live view of the status of income and expenses, and escalate issues as appropriate. You will partner with the commercial finance team, to give them confidence in the accuracy of the numbers, agreeing on judgement items and empowering them to focus on business partnering to drive business performance and grow future income.
The role of Management Accountant:
- Preparation and review of monthly management accounts for the ISS businesses covering multiple clients, countries, and legal entities; and ownership of a core revenue or cost area across the region. This will involve preparing and posting of month end journals with responsibility for ensuring that all revenue and costs prepayments and accruals are recorded accurately
- Detailed review of transactions listings to ensure revenue and costs posted to our business area are correctly accounted for and to prepare relevant commentary
- Carry out monthly review meetings with the General Managers for each client to discuss previous month's actuals and variances to budget and update rolling forecasts
- Review of current management accounts preparation and reporting processes to ensure as automated and efficient as possible using the current systems available
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations to an auditable standard and perform overall review of balance sheet for relevant business units
- Support the monthly reporting process by preparing bridges and commentary against prior year actuals, budgets and forecasts
BUDGETING & FORECASTING
Support key budget and forecast cycles through the following:
- Preparation of budget and forecast templates to include YTD actuals
- Initial review conversations with the General Managers and updating of the templates to reflect any changes
- Owning the headcount templates and ensuring they are accurate and up to date and feeding into the latest budget and forecast templates
- Assist with the preparation of review templates and presentations
- Preparation of client billing support schedules to provide to AR to ensure all invoices are raised on time and for the correct amount. Ensure all costs recharged to clients have been recorded correctly and with appropriate supporting documents
- Adhoc analysis as required.
- Monitor accrued revenue levels to ensure clients are being invoiced regularly
- Review and approve purchase orders and ensure all costs are coded to the correct P&L and account line
- Work with the transactional and financial accounting team to embed routine processes into business as usual routines in as simple and effective a way as possible eg the establishment of effective billing processes for new clients; and VAT returns
What we would like you to have:
- Degree educated, 2:1 or above
- Proven experience preparing high quality management accounts for a complex multi-currency, international business
- Solid accounting skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to partner and influence.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work with people across multiple timezone and cultures.
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Experience of a mainstream accounting package (ideally Peoplesoft) and Hyperion an advantage
This role will suit you if you:
- Have a passion for understanding business performance and enjoy ensuring this is accurately reflected in the numbers;
- Take pride in getting things right, with strong attention to detail;
- Like change and improving processes - working with a variety of finance and business colleagues to make continuous improvements to simplify and streamline how we do things;
- Are passionate about providing great service, have a can do, 'here to help' attitude