Head of Controlling
The Head of Controlling is a newly created position and this person will act as a key Business Partner with internal and external stakeholders supporting business decisions and providing financial support.
Extra Energy is offering a unique and exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the energy sector. With a compelling proposition and a dynamic and continuously evolving portfolio, Extra Energy have shown exponential growth within this sector since they entered the market for the first time a few years ago. They have the potential to become a major player as an energy provider, and a leading employer in the Midlands.
This is a high profile role and a very unique opportunity for a high calibre finance professional to drive change across the business. You will have the opportunity to work in a fluid and dynamic environment, where you be able to really impact the structure and strategy of the business as they grow.
Working as the Head of Controlling, you will be the Finance Lead and support the operational leaders across the business. Your key remit will be driving performance through analysis, insight and business partnering with non-finance stakeholders.
The role will also include:
- Partnering with the senor leadership team to understand how to improve profitability and performance, as well as evaluate sales channels
- Designing and implementing tools (scorecards, reports, KPI, systems), to help management understand and measure their performance
- Maintaining a disciplined budget and forecasting culture and building a robust commercial infrastructure to support decision making
- Partnering with sales, operations and other stakeholders to implement a reward and recognition strategy to drive performance as well as evaluate business cases.
The successful candidate will have personal impact and will be able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment. You will hold a recognised accountancy qualification, either ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent experience, with experience in adding value through business partnering.
The Successful candidate will ideally have sector experience. Due to the commercial nature of this newly created role, it is important to be able to bring industry knowledge to this position.
In addition it is essential for the individual to have the following attributes:
- Ability to deliver and drive change.
- Be a true leader with personal impact and gravitas
- Entrepreneurial with the commercial understanding to make real life operational decisions
- Confident and self-assured, with clear communication skills.
- Ability to challenge, be challenged, whilst building strong relationships with senior stakeholders
Salary up to 65K + Bonus