National Careers Service Advisor
- Manchester based employability provider, serving well over 10 local authorities in the North West of England
- Have a requirement for an experienced NCS Advisor who will provide effective labour market focussed support across Greater Manchester
- Individuals with an NVQ Level 3 in Advice & Guidance will be essential with recent experience of delivering job or learning outcomes in a target driven environment.
Location: Greater Manchester
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Parkhouse Bell is delighted to be working with one of Manchester's leading providers of employability and skills based service.
Following the recent success of securing the National Careers Service support contract have a requirement for an Advisor who will deliver effective labour market focused, careers information, advice and guidance to customers in Greater Manchester.
Adults aged 19; Jobcentre Plus, FE Colleges and learning providers; Employers; specialist providers; Colleagues within the company; Probation Service; providers of support for offenders and ex-offenders.
Key Responsibilities for the role includes:
- Ensure customers receive a multi-channel National Careers Service (NCS) offer, personalised to meet individual needs, to develop career management skills, encourage independence and lead to sustained learning and job outcomes.
- Manage a wide range of customers by caseload to achieve targets, specifically sustained employment or sustained learning.
- Utilise labour market information and employer links in order to support customers to achieve required outcomes for sustained employment.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key partners and agencies in order to generate a flow of eligible and appropriate new customers.
- Receive referrals of new customers from partners or via the telephone and internet NCS Gateway, and carry out an assessment of need, identifying the type and level of support required.
- Deliver personalised support to customers via appropriate channels including through social media, email, telephone, SMS, group workshops, face to face sessions and webinars. The provision is 'digital by default’.
- Produce a high quality action plan for each customer and ensure levels of service in initial interactions achieve customer satisfaction.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate group sessions for appropriate customers, including webinars.
- Work proactively with colleagues (National Careers Service Assistants) to maximise the tracking of customer outcomes and ease the evidence generation process.
- Carry out associated administration work including report writing, usage of CRM system, collecting and analysing management information, evaluating service delivery and the audit and review of own records.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the National Service Standards and ensure delivery exceeds minimum Skills Funding Agency, Ofsted and Matrix standards.
- Take part in observations, assess own delivery, and act on feedback, including undertaking CPD.
- Work across multiple sites in Greater Manchester as required.
Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that the correct candidate can demonstrate and provide the following skills and experience:
- Must hold NVQ level 3 in Advice & Guidance with a willingness to work towards Level 4 or possess a higher qualification at Level 4, DipCG or equivalent.
- Recent experience of delivering job or learning outcomes in a target driven environment.
- Experience of proactively using a Customer Relationship Management System (CRM).
- Experience of managing a caseload of customers for whom specific outcomes are achieved in a guidance, skills or welfare to work setting.
- Ability to work in a target driven environment, with a focus on the successful achievement of outcomes for NCS customers.
- High level guidance skills, with the ability to deliver one-to-one and group sessions to at least Grade 2 standard.
- Ability to use digital channels and platforms in the delivery of information or advice and guidance. This includes the usage of specific online tools and websites; text (SMS); email; Skype; Facebook; Twitter and other relevant social media channels.
- Ability to deliver effective IAG on the telephone.
- Ability to deliver or support group sessions.