Trainee Insurance Claims Handler / Claims Negotiator - Motor
Job Title: Trainee Claims Handler
Starting Salary: £15,500 pa increasing throughout probation and training
Our client operates solely in non-standard, non-comprehensive private motor insurance. They are looking for a Trainee Claims Handler to join their team based in Dorking.
As a member of the Claims team you will be trained to investigate, negotiate and settle claims over a 3 year milestone training period.
A performance review including a salary increase is given every 3 months for the first 2 years and then every 6 months of the final milestone year.
After the initial training has been completed (approx. 3 - 6 months) you will take responsibility for own case load including fire, theft, windscreen claims and eventually some non-serious personal injury, dealing with solicitors, insurance brokers, loss adjusters and direct contact with customers and third parties.
- Ensure that allocated claims are fully investigated.
- Act as the key contact for specific customers/brokers.
- Communicate with policyholders, solicitors and others by telephone and in writing.
- Identify opportunities to make recoveries and follow the recovery through.
- Maintain accurate estimates on outstanding claims so the appropriate reserve can be made for each claim.
- Work within the team to ensure that all claims are settled within appropriate time scales.
- Work flexibly within the team, assisting colleagues wherever pressure is greatest to enhance overall team performance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 GCSE passes or equivalent (grades A-C) including English and Mathematics.
- Experience of working in an office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Planning and organising
- Delivering results
- Embracing change
- Team working
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Holiday entitlement is 22 days per year rising every other year by 1 day and capped at 25 days (pro rata for new joiners and part-time employees).
- Normal working hours are 35 hours per week to be worked 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
- Up to 8% bonus of basic salary based on individual performance.
- Group pension plan post probation matching up to 5% of salary payments.
- Overtime payments at 150% of the basic salary rate.
- Death in Service
- Season Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Flu Vaccinations
- Social Events
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Insurance Claims Handler, Claim Handler, Customer Claims Executive, Claims Account Manager, Trainee Claims Handler, Junior Claims Handler, Claims Customer Service, Insurance Claims, Fraudulent Claims Handler, Insurance Fraud, Fraud Claims Handler, Motor Claims Handler, Personal Injury Claims Handler, Case Handler, Claims Assistant, Legal Claims Handler, Customer Claims Handler, Claims Technician will also be considered for this role.