Bookkeeper - UK TOP 25 Practice (Watford)
We are looking to recruit a Bookkeeper for a leading UK Top 25 firm's in Watford.
We are looking for a candidate with at least 2 years’ experience of bookkeeping and accounts. An accountancy practice background would be ideal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties of the role include:
- Working on both in-house jobs and travelling to clients’ premises. The successful candidate must therefore be able to deal with clients and be able to solve problems on their own; good communication skills are essential.
- Double entry-bookkeeping, where a thorough understanding is a must.
- Producing management accounts.
- Posting sales invoices and maintenance of the sales ledger.
- Posting purchase ledger invoices and maintenance of the bought ledger.
- Posting bank receipts and bank payments, including the reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and the ability to reconcile VAT returns back to nominal ledger; therefore, it is ideal to have knowledge of allowable VAT input tax.
- The reconciliation of PAYE control accounts.
- Processing monthly pre-payments and accruals.
More details available upon application