Quality Engineer -Milton Keynes
Quality Engineer - Wolverton
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to be based in in the Milton Keynes area for a world leading Rail Company who maintain, repair and overhaul Rolling Stock for Train Operating and Leasing companies, giving customers unrivalled capacity and capability to keep trains running in safe and reliable, revenue earning service.
The Quality Engineer will ensure the Quality Systems are maintained in accordance with the required standards, promote a Quality culture and drive performance improvement across the site. The Quality Engineer will also as appropriate implement and communicate new standards and requirements.
- Warranty investigations and assessment of reported faults to determine complaint level and carry out fault confirmation actions accordingly.
- Liaise with suppliers in investigations and ensure company SQA team is involved as required to support bigger supplier investigations
- Lead a problem solving team to provide a robust corrective and preventive action report.
- Progress and validate corrective actions from inception to completion using 8D methodology and complementary problem solving tools.
- Monitor, review and report key performance indicator metrics and failure trends.
- Provide clear communication to customers and within business in regards to warranty claims / customer quality issues.
- Identify and communicate product/service improvement opportunities to the management group.
- Monitor, review and report key performance indicator metrics and failure trends
- Creation and Support of Quality Documents.
- Internal Auditing of operational and business practices.
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- A degree (or equivalent qualification e.g. HND and or associated experience) in engineering
- Lead Auditor qualified - desirable
- SAP Knowledge is desirable (QM Module)
- Highly organised and single minded focus on task
- Flexibility to work in a fluctuating demand environment
- Good ability with Microsoft Office experience
- Quality assurance experience in an engineering environment
- Strong people management skills with considerable presence and assertiveness
- Able to lead a problem solving team to provide a robust corrective and preventive action report
- Ability to use primary measuring devices to support containment checks
- Salary - £30,000 to £35,000 - dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip
Delaloye on or call on Rail01
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.