Ecommerce Technical Analyst
Baker Ross Limited (www.bakerross.co.uk) is a market leader in designing and selling a range of children’s arts & crafts products and party bag fillers online. We sell our own branded merchandise on our own websites and on marketplaces globally. The role is based in Harlow, Essex, which is on the Stansted Express Line and has regular fast train services.
The Ecommerce Technical Analyst supports the performance and development roadmap of our ecommerce websites. Firstly, this role involves monitoring performance to ensure the websites are operating as expected. Secondly, this role supports the development of our existing and future websites and is committed to delivering change with high business value.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Server Response Times
- Page Load Times
- Downtime minutes
- Web developments are completed on-time and on-budget
The Ecommerce Technical Analyst’s purpose is to ensure the current and new sites are kept running fast and to resolve any performance issues that arise. In addition, Baker Ross will in 2018 be involved in migrating the ecommerce sites to a new platform, and you will support the Digital Product Owner in managing the design, construction and testing of the new websites.
A) Support the ongoing development of the ecommerce websites. This can include gathering requirements from the different business areas (e-Commerce, Marketing, IT), liaise with the development teams, manage testing, QA and delivery.
B) Testing and QA. Responsible for ensuring the websites conform to specification. You will also be involved in the definition, implementation and management of a system of automated web testing. You will pro-actively analyse the websites behaviour and data and identify and work to fix any potential issues before any software updates are released.
C) Issues management. You will be responsible for the identification, investigation and fixing of web-related issues. You will manage them from identification to resolution. Issues can be reported by the internal areas but also by customers and you will work in conjunction with the internal and external support teams to identify and implement the right solution.
D) Performance. Responsible for the continuous monitoring of the websites performance. You will work alongside the web development and hosting teams and 3rd party vendors (load testing, CDN) to ensure optimal performance of the e-commerce websites all through the year and peak trade.
E) Websites configuration. Responsible for setting up and maintaining the configuration of the current and future online stores, including but not limited to: payment gateways, shipping options, feeds management, tax settings, email communications, alerts and reporting etc.
F) Support our international strategy through the implementation and maintenance of localised websites.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- 3+ years of working in web development environment, either as a developer, analyst or project manager.
- Good technical knowledge of how the internet works as a whole, and also of the components of a website and a webpage and how these components interact.
- Project management experience, ideally in platform migration.
- Good understanding of the delivery lifecycle and governance process with the ability to identify and manage issues.
- Knowledge of automated testing - Selenium, Ghost Inspector
- Ability to manage website development and maintenance budgets effectively.
- Previous experience of managing 3rd party development agencies.
- Experience of Magento, Demandware or other Ecommerce platforms.
- Basic understanding of website programming software and languages.
- Strong communication skills; able to talk with both business stakeholders and technical teams, facilitating discussion and negotiation.
The successful candidate may be asked to help with any other online activities as and when required.