Site Shift Manager :FMCG
Site Shift Manager - Manchester
Salary: £37,700 plus shift allowance
10% Bonus, Private Healthcare and very attractive group pension scheme
Shift Pattern : 2-2-3 days/nights rotating
A Site Shift Manager is required for one of Europe's largest specialist food companies, serving both chefs and owners of restaurants and takeaway food establishments. Supplying products such as rice, spices, sauces, oils, flour and noodles to a variety of clients including ethnic wholesalers, cash and carry outlets and mainstream food service.
They are seeking a Site Shift Manager to ensure compliance to the factory operating standards across all shifts enabling one site standards and effective prioritisation against the business plans. Along with ensuring the safe, effective and efficient running of the operation is maintained through line teams you will meet the requirements of the production plan whilst maintaining health and safety, quality, food safety and customer service standards. Duties will include, but may not be restricted to:
- Delivering manufacturing standards and performance KPIs efficiently and consistently, ensuring process compliance across 24/7 operation in accordance with the business escalation procedures.
- Site management responsibility out of hours with the authority to prioritise and delegate as defined with the escalation procedures
- Building an HandS culture to promote ownership of HandS within the team, ensuring compliance with statutory and company HandS requirements within area of control
- Collaborating with other departments to support the delivery of the production plan against the budgeted targets and volumes ensuring achievement of standards in all areas (Quality, hygiene, material and labour utilisation).
- Providing teams with clear direction, setting the appropriate standards and ensuring adherence to them.
- Analysing performance information and communicating, clearly and concisely to team and senior managers
- To ensure appropriate resourcing of area of control through recruitment and selection, training and development and management of team.
- Management of non-conformances across all areas ensuring incidents are investigated to determine route cause and actions to close out are effectively implemented.
- To lead the manufacturing element of the daily operations meeting, providing a thorough review of the previous 24 hours and the next 24 hour plans.
- Identify, lead and implement continuous improvement opportunities
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required
- Previous experience of managing/leading teams
- Experience of a manufacturing environment
- The ability to demonstrate decision making capability
- Excellent organisation skills for self and others
- Effective communication and delegation skills
- Highly Numerate and literate -Problem solving skills
- Strong PC skills - including Excel, word etc.
We are keen to talk to candidates who are perhaps in a Front Line Management role now, ready to make the step to a Full Shift Manager, with responsibility to the Operations Manager.
If you are interested, please apply or contact
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.