I am currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant for a software business based in the City of London. You must be immediately available or on 1 week notice.
- Maintenance of financial records for subsidiary companies by analysing balance sheets and general ledger accounts, cost analysis, preparation of month-end reports, annual budgets and periodic reforecasts
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts (including bank accounts, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, payroll, VAT, accounts payable, accounts receivable and other control accounts)
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures, complying with all financial legal requirements (including Sarbanes Oxley)
- Liaison with the Accounts Payable team to ensure that invoices have been properly processed/purchase orders raised internally and payment runs are performed on time
- Involvement in initiatives to improve the operation and efficiency of the department
- Maintain headcount report and liaise with HR/Recruitment to ensure consistency of reporting
- Assist with Accounts Receivable cash receipt posting in Oracle and ensure proper allocation against invoices issued
- Assistance with the Treasury function, monitoring of bank transactions and balance sheet reconciliations
- Working with internal and external auditors to provide documentation where required in order to ensure successful completion of year-end statutory audits and quarterly reviews of internal controls.
- Part-qualified ACCA/CIMA ideally.
- Month end experience
- Good communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills (pivots/lookups)
For immediate consideration please email Sacha Young via the application portal.