Logistics Assistant-Contract Role
Our client is currently seeking a highly productive and adaptable Logistics Assistant to work within their Logistics Department.
The role would preferably suit someone with a background in Logistics or equivalent environment, with a proven record in dealing with third parties and external clients. The ideal candidate would also enjoy working within a busy department with varied responsibilities.
Based in a central London location. Nearby transport links to Bank, Liverpool St, Cannon St & Fenchurch St
Hours: 9am - 5.30pm
- Produce commercial export and import documentation and check shipping documentation.
- Ensure the on-time international delivery of products to buyers and suppliers.
- Resolve any issues that arise during the export or import of products.
- Correspond with suppliers and buyers and respond to inquiries.Correct filling of import and export documentation.
- Track deliveries and assist with arranging transports of goods via various different methods.
- Ensure that calls are routed to the correct staff and take messages
- Flexibility required, in emergencies to occasionally correspond over weekends (remotely), in order to assist management.
- Assist other staff in organising the divisional meetings (Hotels, flights, meetings rooms, lunches, refreshments etc. for all guests).
- Ad Hoc requirements requested by the manager
- Fluent in English is essential
- Must be able to demonstrate "Intermediate" level with Ms Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Degree Level Educated.
- +3 years’ experience within logistic or equivalent environment
- The ability to adapt to changing priorities/timeframes
- Acts as a team player - Collaborate and support colleagues and peers across the organisation.
- Results oriented and flexible - Be adaptable, able to meet deadlines and to work with all types of individuals based locally or at our overseas branches.
- Self-motivated, commercially oriented and driven individual.
- Able to communicate and build relationships with colleagues across the organisation providing the support required.
- Able to use and work on own initiative.
- Detail Oriented, ensure that all information is correct and seek further clarification when information provided is not to company standard.
- Flexible approach to role and responsibilities.