Team Lead - PHP/Symfony2 - Shoreditch - £60,000pa + Benefits
My client is passionate about helping people learn! They are the world’s largest educational eBook publisher and specialise in a range of online learning & content marketing solutions.
You will be leading their development team and guiding them to improve the main website as well as our client solutions and other internal IT systems. You will work in close cooperation with top management/founders, which means that you will get a large amount of influence on shaping your task and making it your own - while you will learn a lot!
You will be encourage to bring your ideas forward for making the product, the technical setup, the code, features etc. better, so that together you can make the company and the customer experience better.
My client is looking for a competent and ambitious Software Developer who can wear many hats and approach the back-end and front-end from many angles.
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING ON:
-Leading the young and energetic development team
- Create the plan and blueprint for new features, services and offerings
- Take part in talking to clients as technical lead in delivering suitable solutions and guaranteeing high product quality
- Directly liaise with and put recommendations to the COO and CEO
-A strong focus on business cases and well-engineered solutions
- Keeping overview of many projects and thinking long-term strategy of technology investment
- Like planning and reviewing work submitted by developers by keeping in touch with the code base
- Not afraid to conduct certain aspects of teaching and upskilling of staff
TECHNOLOGY AND EXPIERENCES:
-SCRUM and Agile work processes, use of story methodology
- Project management systems, Gitlab/Github preferably
-Some experience with team management required
- Primary programming language is PHP
- Solid Git experience
- Symfony2 framework
- Experience developing database driven applications and RESTful web APIs
This role is paying between £50,000 - £60,000pa with benefits such as Flexible hours, Office Laptop, Young Business culture, Personal Development, Low hierarchies and more.