Bristol or Nottingham or Swansea
Are you seeking an exciting new opportunity with one of the UK's lead Government agencies?
I'm looking for a Data Architect to be part of a Strategy and Architecture team for one of our high profile clients as they undertake a period of significant transformation, moving away from big legacy contracts to the in-sourcing of services and focussing on redeveloping key systems and moving closer to the Cloud. This provides a unique opportunity to use your skills and experience to contribute to the public good through helping to shape the way forward and deliver transformation with the ultimate goal of improving road safety for all.
As the Data Architect you will work with the Senior Data Architect to create and maintain the as-is, transition and to-be data architectures which meet the needs of the our client's business whilst delivering value for money, maximizing additional value from the Agency's data, and enabling smarter and targeted enforcement.
As part of the Strategy and Architecture team, you will be part of a small core team of specialists with a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and culture of mutual respect. The team is responsible for driving the technology and digital strategy forward, and works across the business to provide trusted advice and support ranging from troubleshooting on a specific issue, to setting, communicating, and ensuring the adoption of high level principles and policies.
- Experience of MYSQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server
- Contextual data modelling
- Entity relationship modelling
- Logical and physical data modelling
- Data integration using a variety of tools and patterns
- Data analysis
- Data visualisation and data analytics
- Familiarity and experience of modelling data in case / modelling tools
- Data Lineage
- Knowledge or experience of AWS (RDS)
- Dynamo, Progress, Aurora
- Elastic Map Reduce / Hadoop
- IBM i2
- The ability to influence, build and maintain strong working relationships with vendors, team members and stakeholders at all levels, in order to achieve successful outcomes for the business.
Please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your CV.