Automotive Development and Design Engineers - Component Engineer
Automotive Development and Design Engineers – Component Engineering - Peterborough
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a number of permanent opportunities for Automotive Development and Design Engineers to join their Component Engineering Department.
Our client is a major manufacturer of heavy duty off-highway diesel engines for the construction, industrial and power generation sectors. They have a number of exciting opportunities relating to the development of new market leading engine technology. Engine emissions regulation, continually increasing expectations for engine performance, opportunities to integrate engine and machine systems all drive the need for continuous development of innovative new technologies.
They are looking for Automotive Development and Design Engineers aspiring to directly influence these future technologies have the opportunity to play a key role within a world class engineering organisation as well as develop individual engineering competency.
They currently have exciting opportunities in the following teams:
- Air Systems
- Rotating Components
These teams form part of Component Engineering assisting in the delivery of component and system development and validation in support of NPI programmes, cost reduction & quality improvements.
A number of engine platform improvement programmes are underway in readiness for Stage-5 emissions regulations. These platform refresh programmes enable us to increase customer value in tailoring options, reducing fuel usage, offering more power combined with increased reliability and durability
Through these roles, you will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design/development process for engine components and systems.
This gives our client’s employees true product ownership and the opportunity to see their products through to volume production.
If you have a good customer focus, good problem-solving and analysis skills, high work standards with good planning and organisational skills then you would be an asset to our client.
Key Responsibilities of the Automotive Development and Design Engineers
Assisting in the design and / or development of components such as:
- DEF systems
Design / Development of components will include assessment of both mechanical and performance attributes as well as:
- Considering components life and cost factors
- Working with internal partners and suppliers
- Communication of results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Contribute to the design of new products and processes such as creation and maintenance of FMEA documents and a DVP&R
- Collaborate with and support other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, customers, and suppliers
Qualifications and Experience required for the Automotive Development and Design Engineer role
You will have experience in performing several (not all) of the following:
- Design and packaging of components
- Working with suppliers to develop solutions
- Conducting FMEAs on components and systems to identify risks and determine action
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities including report outs
- Development of drawings and other information to support the release of parts onto BOMs and engine lists in preparation for volume production.
- Support field and production issue, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions
You will be considered if you can demonstrate knowledge of IC engines or similar systems and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with moderate supervision
Gaps in knowledge will be bridged with a tailored training program
DesiredQualificationsof the Automotive Development and Design Engineers:
- Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering curriculum or similar technical skills acquired via experience
- Strong Physics, Material Science, Computer Science and Maths background
- Previous experience of working with CAD packages (Pro/E highly desirable)
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.