Head of Technical - Chilled/Complex Ready Meals
Head of Technical
This company supplies chilled products to top retailers across the UK and various food services organisations.
A Head of Technical is required to join the Senior Management Team to continue the excellent track record.
The Head of Technical will set technical KPI's set and auditing services that provides concise monitoring, feedback and closure on internal and third party performance indicators and compliance standards. This role will see a focus on key areas of Customers and Standards and will require you to carry on the excellent work of the predecessor and motivating the Technical Team.
- Continuous improvement of quality systems and customer/legal compliance in the manufacturing environment
- Managing customer visits/audits/new products to launch and key customer interface
- Driving product quality standards/consistency to customer expectations
- Continuous improvement of process critical controls and food safety
- Supporting new product/process or packing technologies to food safe standards
- Senior Management Team Meetings and related activity
- Coaching and Development of Technical Team
- Continuous improvement "GMP" standards
- Continuous improvement of Product Quality in conjunction with other departments and customers
- Implementation of Technical Strategy plan
- Responsible for ensuring that the site meets targets and delivers agreed Group Strategies and Divisional Targets
- Complaints management factory action plans
- Process standards/understanding/ challenge testing food safety controls
- Optimising process/food safe critical controls and QMS
The successful candidate will have a proven track history in food manufacturing and be an existing Head of Technical or a Senior Technical Manager
Ideally you will have the following experience:
- Experience of managing cross functional teams (Technical Systems, QA's & Process Control) and structures within companies supplying major retailers
- Proven track history of chilled/complex ready meal products
- HACCP Validation systems
- Can comfortably demonstrate your experience in BRC requirements and Quality Standards
- Possess a degree within Food Science
- Demonstrate managing customer experiences through site audits
- You will hold a full UK / EU driving licence and be flexible to travel within the UK and throughout Europe.
Remuneration: Paying up to £95,000 + + Bonus + Pension + additional benefits
Location:Would be ideal for professionals based in West London, Kent, Essex and potentially Cambridge and Southern Norfolk
Start date: Within 3 months