Solution Architect MIS
Allianz UK has targeted substantial, profitable growth in the next few years; increasing and improving the available MI within the company is seen as a key part of its ability to achieve these targets. An opportunity has arisen to join the team responsible for MI as a Solution Architect, specialising in SAS.
An important part of the role will be to lead and guide the development teams in the development of re-usable services and assets to the benefit of the wider enterprise. The projects range in scale significantly from small tasks of a few days up to several man years' worth of development. This role will involve working with our Project Managers, Business Analysts, Analyst Programmers, Developers and Testers within the team. Working alongside these team members, the successful candidate will also be responsible for significant engagement with the business beneficiaries and key stakeholders.
* Create / update architectural and system designs
* Support, encourage and participate in the growth of the Design function within the departmen
* Proposing and documenting solution options to meet business opportunities, in line with overall MI/BI design principles and best practice
* Working with the central Enterprise architect team to develop the MI / BI offering.
* Ensuring all designs meet the business needs of multiple stakeholders and conform to the central architectural principles
* Contributing to Quality Process using techniques such as design reviews
Skills and experience:
* Strong technical knowledge of data warehouse design using SAS, experience of coding using both
SAS EBI (DI Studio and Enterprise Guide) and SAS v9 (Base and Macro)
* Structured documentation of designs to organisational and industry standards.
* Knowledge and experience of the full development lifecycle
* Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
* All of above require evidence of practical experience
* Insurance Industry knowledge
* Other SAS modules
* Some exposure to Linux operating system
* Tivoli Workload or UC4 scheduler or SAS scheduler
* Cognos / Oracle
The following experience is essential:
* The successful candidate must possess excellent system architecture design skills
* Roadmap generation for services and applications
* Large project involvement
* End to End project lifecycle participation, feasibility to post-implementation support
* Strong analytical background, specifically data quality analysis and data profiling
* Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
* Experience of structured development methodology
* TOGAF certified
* Self-sufficient but also a team player who is quick to build effective working relationships
* Proactive with an organised and methodical approach, operating with pace, enthusiasm and creativity
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and able to communicate at all levels
* Able to effectively challenge, negotiate and influence
* Strong stakeholder management experience
Combined with the above, if you have the passion, commitment and innovative outlook needed we can offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package.