Product Development Manager-£35-£40,00 + pension and a range of other benefits
Stimulating and rewarding role within a highly dynamic environment for an organisation passionate about delivering an ever-improving product portfolio to its clients.
Your role will be supporting product delivery within a well-established, successful and evolving organisation and will span a range of products and services including insurance and financial products, ensuring that the organisation has the optimum product portfolio to profitably meet the needs of its clients.
To manage new products/services and improvements to the existing range of products and services
To support the department head in helping to spec product development opportunities, prepare business cases and carry out the post implementation evaluation
To work with external providers alongside the department head and product owners to deliver successful products, ensuring partners are kept aware of any changes to member needs and there is ongoing feedback from both teams to ensure the most successful products and services are available
To support in identifying any opportunities to offer products and services to customers of a sister company.
Monitor the competition and their portfolios and make recommendations for future changes
Work with the Insight and Planning teams to ensure they fully understand both customer needs and external economic conditions
Work with the customer service team to actively seek cutomer feedback on a regular basis running regular workshops, listening to calls, reviewing web chat and regular customer care centre survey feedback
Evaluate customer take up of current products and services and identify any changing patterns
Work with the Marketing Delivery Team to ensure they are fully briefed on new products, updates or services to ensure the marketing programme is relevant and fit for purpose.
Key Skills/Experience required:
- Previous Product Development or Product Management experience preferably in the insurance and financial servicesor travel/leisure industry
- Ability to analyse data and to prepare business cases for new product development
- Strong negotiation skills and excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Able to communicate with a wide range of people including Directors, Committees, Senior management team and third party partners
- Able to participate as a full team player in a busy marketing team
- Flexibility to travel as required either in the UK or within Europe