Editorial Assistant - financial data industry
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading financial data provider as an Editorial Assistant in the City of London.
Working with the Head of Editorial & Publishing and within the team responsible for Preqin's research reports, newsletters and publications focused on the alternative assets industry, you will be involved with editing and proofreading written analysis and supporting charts and figures, and assisting with the publishing and presentation of the publications.
Preqin is the leading alternative assets information provider, with online databases, publications and research papers covering all aspects of private equity, hedge funds, real estate, infrastructure, private debt and natural resources. Our high quality research papers and publications are read by fund managers, investors, placement agents and other finance professionals around the world. We have a very strong brand and a global reach, with offices in London, New York, San Francisco, Singapore and Hong Kong; however, the company is still small enough to mean that your contribution can really make a difference.
This is a varied role with the opportunity to develop your expertise in editing and publishing for a financial audience. You will be strongly positioned for a continuing career in marketing/communications and/or continuing a career in finance.
- Manages and administers the production of research reports and publications, in particular Preqin’s regular monthly newsletters. This will typically involve content management from start to finish:
- Organising meetings to gather ideas for input from various departments within the company.
- Setting a timetable and producing a schedule for publication. Monitoring and chasing written contributions from the content-writing team.
- Editing and publishing content to adhere to the house style.
- Publishing the report/publication using design programs, and assisting with the layout and design of the publication.
- Providing feedback on written copy.
- Obtaining feedback from key stakeholders and administering their edits.
- Conducting quality checks and a final proofread before the report is released.
- Routinely edits blogs written by Preqin’s research team.
- Provides feedback on written copy and training on house style.
- Posts material on the Preqin website.
- Transcribes and edits interviews conducted with industry professionals.
- Carries out other publication tasks and other ad-hoc communications & marketing projects.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
2.1 degree from a leading university
Excellent copy-editing skills
Attention to detail
Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
Ability to prioritise
Good team-working skills, with the ability to deal diplomatically with people when providing feedback on written input
This is an exciting and challenging role and would be suitable for a new graduate with some experience of working in an office environment that demonstrates ability to work in a team. This is a varied role demanding very focused attention and someone who has a solution-orientated 'can do’ attitude.