Electrical Engineering Surveyor - Crawley
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING SURVEYOR - CRAWLEY - £32k BASIC + UNIQUE COMPANY CAR SCHEME - CONTRIBUTORY PENSION UP TO 10% + 33 DAYS HOLIDAYS INCLUDING STAT + COMPANY CREDIT CARD + MOBILE PHONE + LAPTOP - LEADING TEST INSPECTION AND CERTIFICATION ORGANISATION - FULL MODULAR TRAINING PROGRAM - SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP - STRUCTURED CAREER PROGRESSION TO A RANGE OF SPECIALISTS POSITIONS INCLUDING MANAGEMENT
A leading test, inspection and certification company who support businesses with quality & compliance in order to meet various industry regulations are looking for a number of Engineering Surveyors to carry out high quality electrical inspections ensuring various electrical systems and portable appliances are compliant with current regulatory and statutory requirements to IEE wiring regulations. You will operate within agreed authorities, inspection and H&S standards with a clear customer focus and drive to achieve optimal service delivery.
This unique opportunity gives an experienced engineer who is credible, compliant and professional the opportunity to become a fully trained, industry respected and recognised engineering surveyor who inspects and tests various industrial equipment at customers sites to industry standards. This role is ideal for a electrical engineer who is looking for a professional engineering role which provides them with the autonomy to be home based in a customer facing, field based role with a view to advancing their career and experience with a market leader. They offer a superb training and investment package for all their engineers to ensure that their engineers are of the highest standard in the industry.
- Working from home predominantly Monday to Friday on a 40 hour working week no shift pattern or nights
- Using your previous electrical engineering experience and the structured training provided, you will be travelling to customer sites, carrying out industry standard inspections and certification of electrical systems and portable appliances in an industrial environment
- After your structured training programme you will be inspecting and certifying a varied range of equipment including but not limited fixed electrical, plant, control panels, three-phase and signal-phase
- Building and maintaining excellent client relationships and ensure that all customer service standards are met
- Maintain an awareness of developments in standards and legislation affecting the British standards
- A minimum NVQ3 or equivalent qualification in an Electrical Engineering d
- 17th edition and 2391 or 2394/5.
- Proven hands on experience with demonstrable technical knowledge of fault finding, installing and/or inspecting fixed electrical installations and other electrical systems in an industrial environment
- Computer literate, with good written and verbal communication skills
- A current U.K. driving license
- Willing to travel if and when required
- H.N.D or equivalent qualification in an Engineering discipline
- Either trained to COMPEX standards or worked in an ATEX or Hazardous environment
- Understanding of relevant British standards
- Worked in an engineering surveyor capacity previously
Points of appeal:
- £32,000 Basic
- Flexible company car scheme
- Contributory pension up to 10%
- Mobile phone and 4G enabled laptop
- Full three month modular training course to become an industry recognised surveyor
- Support all engineers with professional membership
- Structured career progression leading too a variety of specialist positions
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.