Assistant Management Accountant
Assistant Management Accountant required for a large financial services business based in Birmingham City Centre. This is an opportunity to join a company that has enjoyed strong results and large growth over recent years, and offers progression for the right candidate.
As the Assistant Management Accountant, you will report directly to the Group Financial Controller and be responsible for:
- Assisting with month end accounting, including journal preparation and accruals/prepayments
- Balance sheet reconciliations in line with IFRS
- Analysis to support VAT and other tax returns
- Supporting the finance team with annual statutory reporting
- Cash management: bank reconciliations and cash flow forecasting
- Ad hoc business performance reporting
You will be studying ACCA or CIMA (part-qualified) and the client is offering study support. You should have experience with assisting month end procedures already, and be happy to cover transactional duties alongside management accounting.
To come from a financial services background is desirable, but candidates of all sectors will be considered. You must also be analytically minded and have strong skills in Excel.