Operating across various workstreams my client enjoys the challenge of complex engineering challenges and are looking for a Senior Buyer of the same mould to support on a large value Mechanical & Electrical/Refurbishment project in central London.
Working on a large value project in central London, my client are seeking a Senior Buyer to join an already established procurement team of Procurement Agents, a Senior Buyer and directly reporting to the Senior Supply Chain Manager.
Tasked with procuring construction materials and various plant hire equipment, the Senior Buyer with have a c. £1 million spend per annum and will be supporting the business in developing a strong supply chain to be utilised across the business and on future projects.
With offices based at site, the Senior Buyer will be required to engage and build relationships with key stakeholders on the project and work effectively within a team environment.
Details of the Senior Buyer role are:
Location - Central London with easy travel routes
Salary - £40,000-£45,000 + travel expenses + other benefits
Key responsibilities of the Senior Buyer role are:
- Procure construction materials and plant hire equipment at the most competitive cost for the client
- Highlight, source and build relationships with new suppliers
- Develop strategic supplier relationships with key suppliers to assist in the development of the overall group supply chain
- Monitor supplier performance with the collection of data and production of reports
- Liaise and build relationships with key stakeholders on the project to ensure timely completion
Key experience required for the Senior Buyer role:
- Construction, Civils or Mechanical & Electrical procurement experience
- Procurement experience of construction materials and plant
- Proven track record of achieving cost savings via supplier selection and negotiation
- Previous experience within a project environment
- Comfortable and competent with large spends
Desirable experience for the Senior Buyer role:
- Tunnel refurbishment project experience
- Knowledge of NEC3 suite of contracts
- MCIPS or degree equivalent qualified
To apply for this Senior Buyer position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK