CCNP/CCIE Security Consultant
CCNP/CCIE Level Security Consultant - 6 Month Contract -Edinburgh
A fantastic 6 - 18 month contract opportunity based inEdinburghhas arisen for an experienced security-focused Network Consultant.
You will be responsible for migrating firewall services (platform to platform) for a leading security company's end client.
The successful candidate will be IMMEDIATELY available and will require extensive experience/skills in the following areas:
- CCNP certified (minimum) - Ideally CCIE
- A sound understanding of routing
- Experience using Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches
- Extensive experience in firewall migration projects
- A proven understanding of project planning - preparation and documentation (both low and high level)
- Confident troubleshooting and diagnosing network issues
- Firm understanding of regression planning principles
- Firm understanding of performance testing
- Experience identifying VLANs (and associated processes)
- Checkpoint (read note below)
- Although you will be directly responsible for the Cisco firewalls (and familiar with all Cisco series'), you will also need to have a sound knowledge of Checkpoint - It is worth noting that you will NOT be hands-on will the checkpoint firewalls.
- As part of this consultative position, you will be directly responsible for presenting to a change board (your project planning); therefore a consultative approach and exceptional communication skills will be an essential attribute of the successful candidate.
This is a fantastic contract opportunity and requires a HIGH CALIBRE candidate. If you are IMMEDIATELY available and a SUITABLE fit, please submit your CV in the first instance (preferably with a brief candidate statement as to why you are suitable for the role).
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com