Relationship Officer - Golders Green
Our client is an International Public Sector banking and financial services company, based in London. They are looking for a Relationship Officer to join their team, based in City of London.
To deepen and manage relationships with existing and potential higher value customers with the objective of lowering attrition, increasing revenue and assist the branch in meeting its sales targets. The ideal candidate will support the Area Branch Manager in managing the portfolio of clients and will be involved in the entire lending process from origination / application through to drawdown.
- Action new lending requests for property loans (buy to let & commercial) and analyse credit worthiness.
- Prepare detailed credit proposals for submission to the Credit Committee.
- Liaising extensively with solicitors, lawyers, valuers and surveyors.
- Preparing offer documents and ensuring all loan conditions are met throughout the drawdown process.
- Develop relationships with introducer's and other relevant market contacts.
- Responsible for enhancing branch sales through the tenacious identification and pursuit of new business opportunities and by the cross selling of products to exisiting clients.
- Responsible for identifying, developing and maintaining banking relationships through personal and client referrals, SBI internal networks and corporate relationships.
- To identify and pursue opportunities to cross- sell the Bank’s products and services to assist with the achievement of branch targets.
- To promote and attend branch’s business development events and initiatives.
- Responsible for undertaking any other duties as delegated by the Area Branch Manager or so designated senior officer.
- Credit Risk Analysis skills
- At least 2 years of selling mortgage products, especially buy to let mortgages, experience in dealing with commercial lending is desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience in dealing with limited company buy to let mortgages is desirable.
- You will have a good knowledge of the mainstream mortgage market and be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver against agreed business targets.
- Proven Influencing, Negotiating and Communication skills.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong business relationships and engender understanding and trust.
- CeMAP or similar mortgage qualification would be advantageous however not essential.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Works closely with all stakeholders within the branch, retail credit and external stakeholders like solictitors and surveyors.
- Will be involved in external activities such as customer visits, events, and corporate visits.
- Innovative - identifies and develops opportunities for business growth and has the ability and drive to make things happen.
- Customer Servicing and Sales experience with a passion for high achievement is essential.
- Strives for quality - applies process and discipline towards optimising performance.
- Banking experience and knowledge of a second language would be an advantage.
If you feel you meet all of the requirments above hit 'Apply'