Principal Geotechnical Engineer Rail
Job Title: Principal Geotechnical Engineer ( Rail )
Salary: £50K - £55K
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to be based at our Manchester office to work on a range of design engineering projects in the rail environment. This prospect is for an experienced geotechnical engineering professional wanting to increase their experience in the rail environment, combining the application of technical expertise with knowledge of the systems and processes in this highly regulated and complex environment.
Skills & Attributes Required:
1. Proficient in shallow and deep foundation and retaining wall design, temporary works, soil nails, round anchors and the planning, implementation and interpretation of site investigations.
2. Experience in delivering detailed design engineering solutions, drawings and specifications in slope stability, earthworks and retaining structures particularly in the rail environment.
3. Have a proven track record of achievements in technical, commercial and project management whilst working in a fast moving engineering consultancy environment.
4. Preparation of technical documentation, contract documents and fee estimates.
5. Able to work in collaboration with other engineering disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with Clients and gain a good understanding of their sector to foster effective and enduring relationships.
7. A team player with a mature approach including first class interpersonal skills.
8. Proactive in developing themselves and team members to full potential by promoting Continuous Professional Development.
Ideal candidates will have:
1. A degree (minimum 2:1) in civil engineering.
2. Extensive, relevant UK geotechnical design engineering experience.
3. A Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body.
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.