Sales Office Manager
Sales Office Manager
Location: Enfield, Greater London
Sector: Packaging Distribution
Package: Basic salary £30,000-£35,000 plus bonus & PLC Benefits
Macfarlane Group PLC is the UK’s largest packaging distributor and we are seeking to hire an experienced Sales Office Manager to take charge of an established team at our Enfield site. As a business, we are passionate about providing fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions augmented by outstanding customer service. As a Group we are continuing to grow significantly and always keen to attract talented new individuals to our business.
Reporting to the Regional Business Manager, you shall manage and lead the internal sales team at our Regional Distribution Centre, ensuring sales activities are maximised to support the RDC and exceed Sales and Profit Targets. You will be responsible for setting and monitoring all individual and team targets, full performance management and development to include training and coaching; ensuring that the highest standards of sales support, administration and customer service are maintained at all times.
- Managing the internal sales team, setting targets & objectives, completing Performance and Development Assessments, providing opportunities for development and coaching & performance management as required
- Overseeing all sales administration processing to ensure completed in a timely and efficient manner, utilising the relevant systems (CRM etc.)
- Complete relevant reports to required timescales, in order to monitor sales input, invoicing and margin. Identifying and taking action as appropriate.
- Direct handling of customer queries, orders etc. maintaining excellent levels of customer service at all times.
- Take an active lead in developing existing accounts, seeking and taking opportunities to up sell across the product portfolio whilst encouraging the team to do the same
- Work in partnership with Sales Executives, attending customer visits where appropriate.
- Liaise with Logistics/Warehouse to ensure 24/48hour delivery schedule is maintained.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of all packaging solutions, sharing knowledge with other colleagues.
Do you have the correct profile?
We are ideally seeking someone who has the blend of internal sales team management and hands on customer account management, ideally with a background in having worked within a fast moving distribution or FMCG background. You will be a strong character and effective team-manager accompanied by first rate sales and customer service skills. A winning personality with a 'can do’ attitude in dealing with customers is paramount as is a positive approach to team management. Applicants will ideally reside within a 40 minute commute of our Enfield site.
In return we offer a rewarding package including a basic salary which is negotiable (on experience). The company offers a significant profit linked bonus scheme, and provides some excellent flexible employee benefits incorporating the following: Up to 33 days annual leave (*includes bank holidays and service increase after five years), additional holiday purchasing scheme, contributory pension, health scheme, childcare vouchers & employee discount scheme. Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximising every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
How to apply/next steps
This is a key hire whereby shortlisted candidates can expect to be contacted to attend local interviews swiftly, the successful applicant will be asked to join us ASAP. To make an application please simply click 'apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can expect to hear back from us within five working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.