Compliance Screener - Entertainment
A unique and interesting opportunity has become available for a Compliance Screener to join this Global Entertainment Brand on an interim basis. You will be responsible for screening genres across multiple channels ensuring everything meets Ofcom guidelines. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 Years experience working in Ofcom compliance, screening for broadcast.
- Compliance-screen and produce comprehensive edit notes within the company's content management systems ensuring notes are clear for editing purposes and informative to enable appropriate scheduling decisions to be made.
- Manage and prioritise screening jobs from allocated daily workloads based on TX date and process deadlines.
- Provide compliance guidance and mentoring of the other screeners within the team.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all relevant regulatory codes, e.g Ofcom Broadcasting Code, Code on the Scheduling to TV Advertising ('COSTA').
- Compliance-screen promotions, interstitials and filler materials as required.
- Provide early compliance input to promo production and content acquisition teams.
- Enter relevant compliance and version information into the content management systems. Ensuring that any changes from planned versions are communicated to the planner and the compliance team.
- Supervise the compilation and maintenance of a library of relevant examples of content (including sponsorships, promos and programming) that can be used for internal training purposes.
- Spot check off-air broadcasts on a weekly basis.
- Participate in and contribute to workshops and meetings designed to calibrate compliance decisions against identified channel profiles.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Ofcom compliance screening for broadcast channels
- Sound demonstrable working knowledge of all relevant regulatory codes, and their interpretation by Ofcom/ASA/ATVOD
- Experience using a broadcast systems database
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.