Development Chef - NPD Chef
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a creative and innovative Product Development Chef to work for a forward-thinking family ran business who have grown from strength by strength and now have a multimillion pound turnover- a true leader of their industry.
This fantastic vacancy is an amazing chance to be part of an innovative "world food" product development team, creating fresh product ranges to be on sale in retail outlets nationally.
The ideally candidate will have a proven, inspiring Chef career along with a min of 2 years as a Development Chef, ideally with a focus on Asian/Indian cuisine. You’ll be a passionate foodie who enjoys cooking on the creative edge, bursting with ideas for new ready meals, sauces and foods, and full of enthusiasm and culinary expertise.
• Creating new ready meals, menu ideas and food products packaging
• Working with food technicians
• Staying ahead of consumer taste trends
• Works with the sales and marketing team to develop products in response to specific customer briefs, ensuring the brief is met and that operational and technical requirements are adhered to. Ensuring the product developed is deliverable and that cost targets are met
• Attendance as required at daily taste panel
• Customer presentations/exhibitions - Interacts & demonstrates credibility
• Longer term thinking developing a pipeline of proactive innovation customer needs Skills
• Experience with high quality international cuisines Creative and innovative thinking
• Excellent Commercial acumen
• An understanding of ingredients and nutrition
• Work within current food safety processes
• The skills to develop recipes using factory processes
• A handle on consumer trends
• Computer literacy
Qualifications - any of the following will be an advantage:
• An HND or degree in food product management, food technology or a related subject
• City & Guilds 706 (Parts 1 and 2), or the NVQ equivalent qualification, alongside a certificate in food hygiene
• Any qualifications gained from your background as a chef
This role is based in the Manchester area - Our client is offering a Package £35-40k depending on experience, 10 percent bonus, 25 plus birthday holiday, life cover and 5percent pension. Please contact Louisa Ellis for further information