Training Specialist (Field Based) Biomedical, Haematology, coagulation
Job Title: Training Specialist - Biomedical, Haematology, Urinalysis
Location: Field Based - Anywhere in the UK - As this role is field based, a substantial amount of UK travel and hotel stays are required in order to perform training to the expected standard and volume
Salary: £37,000 to £40,000 + Company Car, KPI Bonus (£8-10k), Company Bonus (up to £4.2k), 28 days’ holiday PLUS bank holidays, Pension et al
Hours of Work: Standard office hours are 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
Job Reference: PH9151
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE AND HOLD A VALID UK LICENCE
This demanding and challenging position is designed to ensure our clients’ customer base receive the highest standard of application support, through detailed training sessions within the customers’ laboratory and additionally at the UK headquarters in Milton Keynes.
The person in this position will be expected to provide significant input not only to the delivery of training courses but also the creation of training programmes, training content updates and advancement of delivery mediums and methods.
Essential skills required
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel
- BSc (Hons) degree in Biomedical Science or similar
- Training qualifications OR relative experience
- A good understanding of haematology and coagulation in a hospital laboratory environment
- Greater than 1 year experience in a commercial environment or Agenda for Change band >=5
- Technical and logical problem solving capability
- Reading and understanding of scientific and technical documentation
- Excellent communicator / negotiator
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Training qualifications
- Regular training experience
- 2+ years’ work experience in a Blood Sciences laboratory
- Experience of working with automated / semi-automated Urinalysis instruments
- 2 years of hospital laboratory experience
- Experience of hospital laboratory IT systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working with / creation of e-learning environments
This position requires a confident knowledgeable person with drive to achieve results in their area of expertise. A good communicator and personable nature with good social skills this person will be able to effectively communicate, build relationships and install confidence at every customer interaction. The role involves concepts, equipment, ideas and problem solving requiring a sound depth of knowledge and expertise to visualise solutions, overcome obstacles and leave customers with a positive outcome and lasting knowledge. The person fulfilling this role should be driven, constantly learning and adapting to changes in the environment around them. A person who is continually looking to improve themselves and the working environment.
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an employment agency in respect of this role.