Make It Cheaper has been making switching and saving easy for the UK's small to medium-sized businesses since 2007. In a nutshell, our service takes the hassle out of shopping around for better deals on electricity, gas, commercial insurance, and telecoms. Our success has seen us appear on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 list for three years running, from 2011 to 2013 - and we have no intention of slowing down. We want to hit the £1 billion saving mark by 2018 and we know there’s only one way we can do it - by continuing to make switching and saving as easy as we possibly can.
We are currently recruiting a Management Accountant to assist the Finance Team in providing the business with key management and financial data to enhance decision-making. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will work closely with the Operational Leadership Team, partnering with them to ensure that they are able to both understand the financial impacts of their decisions, as well as to help them achieve their own KPIs. You will form a key part of a well-rounded existing Finance Team and will have the opportunity to identify potential improvements to both your role and the finance function as a whole. You will also have the opportunity to oversee and mentor other staff within the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Producing monthly management accounts for multiple cost centres, including P&L and balance sheet reconciliations
- Investigating proactively key variances for discussion with the FC as required
- Preparation of commercial reporting to support and challenge decisions in other areas of the business
- Cash flow management and reporting
- VAT/ PAYE/ other statutory returns
- Assisting with year-end and statutory audit
- Assisting with budgeting & forecasting
Skills and Qualifications:
- A qualified accountant, with demonstrably advanced Excel skills and preferably knowledge of Sage 50.
- Commercially astute with strong technical accounting skills and the ability to communicate with varying levels of the business.
- Influential analytical skills and attention to detail
- Highly organised, with a strong track record of meeting frequent, tight deadlines.
- This is a small business environment so you must enjoy being hands-on and integrating well within a fast paced team.
- Experience of a highly commercial and fast moving multi-transactional sales driven business advantageous.
- Would suit first job out of Practice or someone with Industry Experience.