Senior Service Desk Engineer
Senior Service Desk Engineer - Southampton - £28,000
SQL, Network, Router, Configuration, PowerShell
Our client have a great opportunity for a Senior Service Desk Engineer to join a fast paced friendly office based in Southampton. Our client are a leading provider and offer very competitive salary's and good benefits.
Skills required -
- Experience supporting IT systems to a high level.
- Task automation and simplification using scripting such as PowerShell.
- Network and router configuration and diagnosis.
- Knowledge of basic database administration and SQL.
- Engaging with Product Mangers to ensure testing, and documentation is provided before products are released to the team.
- Providing expert knowledge to our sales support team and working with the product managers & Prep to ensure the smooth transitions of all Installations
- Providing post install and snagging support
- High level Technical Support to all of the service department
- Providing basic training documentation on new products
- Providing Training and Support to all service teams, both internal and external.
- Basic testing of all new software releases
- Providing documentation and processes to improve the how the service desk support our products.
- Preparing documentation and attending customer service reviews where necessary
- Providing Flexible hours of cover over a 7 day week, to ensure we have support when necessary, this will on occasion involve evenings and overnight support of installations or rollouts.
- Working closely with the account managers and handling technical escalations.
- Occasional service desk support will be required, during outages
- Working independently to investigate and diagnose in depth technical issues.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required, please contact Oliver Wilson on or email
Service Desk, Support, SQL, Network, Networking, Router, Configuration, Southampton, Winchester, Portsmouth, Fareham