Fundraising Finance Officer
About the role
The post holder will support the Fundraising Finance Manager by undertaking financial duties across Fundraising but will have responsibility for specific transactional reconciliations and month end The post holder will be located at the Red Cross office in Moorfields, London and will be required to regularly travel throughout the UK. This is necessary to foster a better understanding of the business through value adding communications and interactions with operations team; and should facilitate provision of a more robust, targeted and essential financial support.
About the organisation
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts.
Our volunteers and staff help people in crisis to live independently by providing support at home, mobility aids and transport. We also teach first aid skills.
We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network. We refuse to ignore people in crisis
About the team
This position is crucial to supporting head of fundraising finance in achieving the long-term financial strategy for the fundraising department. Providing up to date, relevant financial information and support to operations management in business decision-making and providing financial guidance.
About the person
- Part Qualified Accountant (CCAB recognised body) or Qualified Accounting Technician
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Experience of accruals and prepayments
- Experience in carrying out financial reconciliations
- Experience of supporting the financial elements of Fundraising.
- Strong financial and accounting skills
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles