CONTRACT... Full time and Permanent
LOCATION... London, NW1 3ER
NEAREST TUBE STATIONS... Euston Square, Warren Street, Great Portland Street, Euston, Kings Cross.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Administrator will provide a high quality of payroll and benefits support across the business/group.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES...
- Advising and dealing with HR, managers and employees queries in an efficient manner
- Management of payslips and other documentations such as P45, P11D & P60
- Calculating and processing all statutory payments and entitlements in accordance with the current legislations
- Ensuring compliance with the taxation of employee benefits
- Provision of advice on payroll matters to staff
- iaison with and making prompt returns to external bodies such as HMRC, DWP, National Statistics Office, Child Support Agencies etc.
- Retaining appropriate records as per HMRC and audit requirements
- Comply with established procedures concerning the recording of staff absence
- Undertake established procedures in relation to payroll corrections
- Deputise in the absence of the payroll manager
- Responsible for administering confidential information and ensuring compliance of Data Protection Act
- Compose and prepare complex reports using various formats for internal and external use
- Ensure that payroll department meets and where possible exceed expectations in accordance with any agreed Service Level Agreements
- Administer payroll information efficiently on a computerised payroll software
- Liaising with the Payroll Manager, HR and operations to improve and implement current processes
- Plan ahead, identify and highlight any payroll needs/ issues which would affect the smoother running of the department to management
- Running monthly reports and perform data cleansing exercises to maintain the integrity of the system data
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR...
- A high degree of mathematical numeracy (ideally backed-up with a relevant GCSE/A-Level, or equivalent qualification)
- An ability to perform manual payroll calculations
- Previous expeirence of working in a Payroll position using computerised payroll software.
- Experience of manually calculating statutory payments
- Experience of manually checking Tax and NI contributions
- A strong working knowledge of applications such as Word and Excel with experience using spreadsheets and databases including V Look-Ups and Pivot tables
- Understanding of ongoing legislative changes which affect payroll.
- Assisting with and understanding of all HMRC submissions, such as RTI, P11D & PSA
- AE and administration of pension scheme.
- Experience of preparing monthly payroll journals
- Good timekeeping and an ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Organised, logical and methodical approach.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Flexibility. Busy periods may require longer working hours.
- Attention to detail