Housing Surveyor

Conrad Consulting
14 Feb 2017
14 Mar 2017
Contract Type
Full Time

A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Housing Maintenance Surveyor for a National Housing Maintenance organisations who specialise in providing housing for forces personnel across the UK

You be professionally qualified and have proven experience of carrying out condition surveys within the social housing sector.


Technical Responsibilities
* Conduct quality assurance audits on Combined Accommodation Assessment System (CAAS) surveys produced by sub-contract surveyors to ensure details within are accurate and true.
* Conduct CAAS Challenge & Appeal re-surveys within occupied SFA in a timely matter and as per CA standard appointment procedure.
* Production of reports to show findings found while undertaking CAAS challenge or assurance surveys.
* Undertake technical surveys i.e. Damp & Mould / HHSRS surveys within occupied and void SFA has and when required. Including the production of a report detailing the likely cause and remedial action required to remove issue.
* Undertake additional assurance or adhoc surveying has required by your line manager or Housing Stock Management Team.
* Work closely and give technical advice to local CA teams and departments on building defects and maintenance issues.
* Plan, organise and co-ordinate appointments to ensure work is carried out in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Production and maintenance of weekly and monthly reports as required by management.
* Produced measured floorplans (sketch only) and collate photographic details of SFA.

People Responsibilities
* Maintain constructive working relationship with sub-contractors.
* Maintain constructive working relationship with fellow Technical Inspector, CA management and CA local teams.
* Adhere to CA lone working procedure and wear suitable PPE whenever required.

Role Specific Requirements:
This role will be based on the National Housing Contract and the main place of work will be RAF Wyton, Cambs with time spent surveying properties in the Central East region (Cambridgeshire/Suffolk/Essex/Norfolk/Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire)