Our client is one of the UK’s largest judicial services groups, employing over 2,000 staff and providing services to Her Majesty's Courts & Tribunals Service, Her Majesty's Revenues & Customs, the Child Support Agency, the Department for Work and Pensions, the Legal Aid Agency and the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.
Located just 45 mins from Central London, the role requires a highly technical and hands-on developer to develop, deliver and maintain company software solutions to the highest standards in line with company timescales in order to deliver Project and BAU activities.
Reporting to the Development Team Manager, you will have a proven technical capability and a track record in software development (predominantly in Microsoft technologies), combined with experience working within a large enterprise and a very dynamic environment.
This role offers challenges across a wide variety of responsibilities, including the use of industry standards in methodology, process, design, code quality, etc, as well as an opportunity to influence the future direction of the development strategy and systems used across the business.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is skilled in designing and developing bespoke applications and has experience with agile methodologies.
- Develop and deliver software applications in line with defined process and policy (e.g. peer review, coding standards and deployment process)
- Produce clear and concise documentation to support software applications
- Troubleshoot and supports existing IT application solutions to determine issues and provide remedies
- Prepare plans and deliver software demonstrations to assist in the progress and handover of project and BAU work
- Work with the quality assurance team to ensure a high level of quality in development output
- Liaise with the project management office (PMO) and other business areas to clarify and expand on requirements during development to support successful delivery
- Work with external partners through technical discussion and support to ensure all development requirements are met
- Significant experience of cloud-based application solution design, development, delivery and management
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft development environment (minimum 5 years)
- Demonstrable experience of operating within web-based application development processes
- Previous experience of working within a commercial/enterprise environment
- Previous working experience of full software development lifecycle and methodologies including Agile and Waterfall.