Bristol, South West
£30,000 - £35,000
Ambridge Harris is working on behalf of our client based in Bristol in order to recruit an Operations Manager to join their established team. You will be responsible for all transport and warehouse activities at the branch, as well as support the Warehouse and Transport Managers to ensure that all operations are carried out efficiently and effectively. You will also be required to communicate budgets, KPI's and SLA's and monitor and control costs.
Operational Management -
- Support the Transport and Warehouse Manager in controlling the day to day operations of the warehouse and the transport function
- Ensure that sufficient resource coverage is available at all times and that future resourcing requirements are planned in advance e.g. vehicles MOT's coverage, staff coverage for annual leave etc.
- Identify where changes and improvements can be made to processes, systems and operations, encouraging suggestions from others and ensure that they are implemented
- Ensure that all paperwork related to deliveries, health and safety etc. is completed in line with company procedures
- Ensure that open communication channels are established and maintained with Managers, staff, customers, suppliers and service providers
- Help set strategy and objectives for the warehouse
- Monitor and control operational costs - communicate budgets, KPI's and SLA's and ensure they are implemented and adhered to
- Generate daily/weekly/monthly reports relating to costs, error rates etc.
People Management -
- Lead, monitor and motivate employees
- Identify employee training needs and ensure that it is implemented and records are kept up to date
- Carry out performance reviews in line with company procedure and creates personal development plans for each member of the team
- Conduct regular team meetings/briefings with supervisors
- Identify employee performance issues, absence and disciplinary issues and manage in line with HR processes.
- Work with HR to recruit personnel
Health, Safety, Transport & Environment -
- Adhere to legal criteria that relate to Health and Safety, Environmental and Transport Legislation e.g. Road Traffic Acts, ISO etc.
- Ensure that all operations are carried out in adherence to legislative requirements and company policies and procedures e.g. transport operations observe tachograph requirements etc.
- Responsible for local level Branch Maintenance and Security
- Experience of managing a team
- Driving Qualification - Category B or above
- IT skills eg.e word, excel and email
- Warehouse and/or Transport
- HSE & transport
- Legislation, IOSH Managing Safely, NEBOSH General certificate
- Budgetary experience
- Commercial awareness- exposure to a fast paced commercial environment
- Advanced systems knowledge
- Product knowledge
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.