Trainee Underwriter - No Experience Necessary
My client is seeking a Trainee Underwriter to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a rapidly expanding company that will invest in your future and training.
Not only will you be offered an outstanding training programme that is widely envied in the insurance industry (and second to none!) where you will be trained to the highest standard. You will also receive a pay rise of 3%-5% every 3 months providing you meet your training and development milestones, which equates to an extra £6,000 pay rise in 2 years! Following successful completion of training you will become a fully Qualified and experienced Trainee Underwriter.
• Acquire motor underwriting knowledge
• Consider quotation requests, proposals and/or amendments to existing policies and calculate premiums by reference in line with risk pricing
• Responsible for own case work and trained to make effective decisions within own authority level.
• Receive training to effectively handle telephone enquiries.
• Work to operational deadlines
• Respond to and take ownership of customer enquiries and allocated mail.
• Make a positive input into the team’s effectiveness, suggesting ways in which work systems and processes can be altered and improved
• Work flexibly within the team in a manner that demonstrates the brand values, assisting colleagues wherever pressure is greatest to enhance overall team performance
An excellent standard of education required including minimum 5 GCSE passes (grades A-C) including Maths and English.
• Basic technical/product knowledge
• Ability to understand and use established systems and processes
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to prioritise own work and manage workloads.
• Attention to detail and ability to accurately record information.
EXPERIENCE Some office experience and use of telephone in a professional context desirable.
Training and support for continued professional development will be provided.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply NOW!
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK with evidence to prove this. Only successfully screened candidates will be contacted however your CV may be held on file for future reference.
Demon Recruitment is acting as an employment business for this position.
Demon Recruitment confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.