Job: Quality Engineer
Location: Near Horsham (West Sussex)
Salary: £30-36,000 + benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quality Engineer to join a highly-successful company based near Horsham (West Sussex) on a permanent basis.
My client is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of electronics products for customers across the globe. They work within several key sectors including medical, industrial, commercial, telecommunication and scientific.
Due to continued business development and a growing client base, they require a forward-thinking Quality Engineer to join the company.
As the Quality Engineer, you will:
- Support Production on a daily basis as required ensuring quality issues are investigated fully and closed out in a timely manner
- Interface with customers following up on issues raised including complaint resolution and ensuring permanent corrective actions are implemented
- Work with suppliers to improve quality of supplied materials and reduce variation
- Interface with departments such as Design, Manufacturing, Test and Customer Service to resolve problems and support product and process improvements
- Use Quality (Kaizen) tools to identify failure trends of products or processes and introduce or instigate corrective and preventive actions. Lead and support teams to drive continuous improvement initiatives in all areas of the business
- Help maintain and improve the quality and environmental management system and promote continuous improvement.
As Quality Engineer, you will ideally have the following skills/experience:
- Educated ideally to degree level or HNC/HND with relevant experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in a quality role ideally within the electronics industry with experience of power supply manufacturing and high voltage, analogue, digital and system design
- Trained on ISO9001 and ISO14001
- Internal auditor trained
- Lean/6 Sigma qualified (at least green belt level) with experience of implementing Lean/6 Sigma tools and methodologies.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineer to work in a rewarding and progressive role, with a company that is committed to personal development.
Please get in touch asap if you wish to apply for the role.
Premier are acting as an employment agency