Head of Humanities
Job title: Secondary Head of Humanities
Job Start: Required for September 2017
Salary range: Dependent on experience
This position is in a popular secondary school with a well developed sixth form provision offering a wide range of subjects both at GCSE and A' Level. They place great importance on the quality of provision and have a technology rich suite of teaching spaces. There ethos is to provide an excellent education in a safe and supportive learning community, where everyone is valued and makes positive contributions to the school community.
The school seeks the services of an engaging and motivated Head of Humanities, who can ideally offer at least one subject up to A' Level, to lead an active teaching and learning team. Exceptional subject knowledge with an understanding of the national curriculum is essential for the successful candidate with a proven track record of results at GCSE and A' Level, ideally with previous middle leadership responsibility.
Their dynamic and vibrant department is supportive and progressive. All members of the department are encouraged to develop their teaching skills through sharing best practice and continued CPD.
The school will offer:
- happy and dedicated children and staff
- excellent induction and extensive CPD programme
- robust supportive performance management systems
- state of the art equipment within the department
We welcome applicants who believe that every child can succeed and can demonstrate:
- QTS (or equivalent)
- A degree in a Humanities based subject (or equivalent qualification)
- good or outstanding teaching
- a track record of good and outstanding pupil outcomes at GCSE and A'level
- a commitment to raising achievement of all pupils
- the ability to
- willingness to lead, develop and enhance other staff
- the ability to successfully lead a subject and demonstrate wider impact
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS).
For more information please contact John Byrne at Capita Education Resourcing on