Business Development Manager
Purpose of Position
The role of the Business Development Manager is to develop and execute strategies to develop and win profitable business within the Electronic Systems domain by developing existing contracts and follow-on opportunities to contribute projected growth plans over the next five years.
In addressing the allocated territories and business areas, the role will be responsible for maintaining our current position and enabling expansion into adjacent market areas.
• Working with the Programme Managers to develop existing contracts and follow on opportunities.
• Contribute to the development of the long term strategic business plan over a 5 year period.
• Identify market developments and pursue opportunities which arise, in the short, medium and long term.
• Gather market intelligence to identify future in-segment market opportunities, and R&D opportunities.
• Achieve an agreed annual order budget for the business unit in line with the strategic long term business plan.
• Develop, build and maintain both new and existing customer relationships, as well as establishing and sustaining wider relationships in the UK defence sector in order to promote new business and to significantly shape their thinking.
• Develop new ways of promoting the company.
• Leverage the company Corporation to maximise probability and size of wins. • Manage and co-ordinate multi-disciplinary teams for new business pursuits. • Develop and write new business proposals.
• Act as a 'Champion’ for raising the quality, sales content and consistency of the company's UK proposals.
Education/Experience Required Skills & Abilities:
• Enthusiasm, energy and drive with an engaging personality.
• Personal commitment and dedication to closing competitive opportunities.
• A strategic thinker.
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
• Ability to influence senior customer representatives in order to secure significant strategic outcomes for the business unit.
• Trusted to handle sensitive and competitive information, and to use it to develop and enact winning business strategies.
• Team working.
• Trusted with sound judgement.
• Eligible for the relevant security clearance.
Education & Experience:
• Understanding of the UK Defence marketplace, particularly in Avionics.
• Preferably knowledge in both the civil and military aviation sectors.
• Experience working with platform primes.
• Knowledge in the field of avionics mission systems.
• Demonstrable experience in product development.
• Experience in a business management or a business development role.
• Track record of winning new business and of building relationships with decision-makers at all levels in UK defence.
• Good contact base across UK Defence (military and business).
• A good honours degree would be preferable
We endeavour to reply to all applications, however, if you haven`t heard from us within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by Grafters Recruitment Consultants / Grafters Accountancy Personnel.