Data Analyst Lead
An accomplished Data Lead is required to lead all of the data aspects of the Client Facing Technology (CFT) programme.
The CFT programme will deliver a platform as the foundation for all client and other external interactions. The platform will enable an enhanced customer experience where clients have the choice and flexibility for how and when they connect with my Client. This cloud based technology initiative will enable rapid deployment and development of new client solutions, at scale, for a diverse audience. The end-product will represent a best-in-class client servicing platform enabling the rationalisation of existing web and extranet products and provide personalised experiences for users to improve their operations and deliver increased satisfaction levels.
Data is at the core of this change initiative and a Data Lead is required to support this change end to end:
Understand the data needs of a diverse range of clients
Lead all data analysis activities on the programme, including the co-ordination of my client and Partner resources
Support the identification and delivery of the data aspects of the overall CFT solution, working with the Architecture, Analysis and Delivery resources both within the CFT programme and in related initiatives
Develop the CFT Data strategy, consistent with corporate Data and Enterprise Architecture standards
The successful applicant will work within a matrix environment, reporting into local Project/Programme Management and functionally in to the Analytics Technology BA Manager. Some travel may be required to support engagement with business and technology stakeholders.
This is an exceptional opportunity to play a key role in developing and implementing the data strategy for one of my Client's key strategic transformation programmes
- Apply formal data modelling techniques to analyse and define requirements at conceptual, logical and physical levels
- Take ownership of resolving uncertainty and ambiguity in requirements
- Communicate data models and abstract data concepts to stakeholders at all levels
- Design dataflow processes for data acquisition, cleansing, translating and loading into data stores for use by CFT solutions
- Responsible for ensuring data-related requirements are derived from functional requirements and dependencies between the two are managed accordingly
- Establishing the quality of data required for use in CFT solutions, highlight any associated risks affecting CFT delivery and ensuring the necessary corrective actions are commissioned in the appropriate forum
- Ensuring priorities for data related activity are well established and worked to
- Resource management - providing direction to my client and partner resources
- Managing assignment of resources to data related tasks, co-ordinating with project and programme management
- Support identification and logging of risks to programme delivery
- Identifying data-related dependencies and working with programme management to manage them
- Supporting links between CFT and other data related initiatives - Corporate Data Strategy Programmes and BU led data initiatives
- Working with Programme Management colleagues, supporting communication from a technical perspective in relation to data activity within the programme and to external stakeholders, including executive management (including Chief Data Office, Head of Enterprise Architecture, Head of Data Architecture, business unit COOs)
- Ensuring CFT programme is fully informed in relation to my Client's Strategic data initiatives and principles
- Driving the CFT data strategy, ensuring compliance with corporate strategy
- Understand the key drivers of change and how the value of data can be harnessed to meet and exceed programme objectives
Experience / Requirements
- Involvement in large/complex change programmes with responsibility for data resources and links to related initiatives
- Experience of leading activity of a data team, setting direction and taking accountability for ensuring effective operation and delivery
- Extensive Data modelling experience with large complex data sets, ideally in the Insurance or Financial Services market.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to articulate data concepts and issues to variety of audiences.
- Data analysis experience gained from projects of similar nature, such as data warehousing/ DataMart/ BI projects
- Data Modelling tools, ideally, Sparx Enterprise Architect
- In-depth experience of managing and interrogating large datasets using SQL (T-SQL scripts)
- Business Analysis experience of requirements gathering
- Ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret different data to derive insight and drive decision making
- Experience in Cloud Data Strategy and Legal/Compliance framework(s)