IT Manager - Hands-on Windows Server & Network - Household Name
IT Manager - Hands-on Windows Server & Network - Household Name! - Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
My GLOBALLY RECOGNISED client is looking for an infrastructure manager to sit under the group head of department. Your role will be very much a hands-on management position being 70% hands on and 30% man-management/operational.
You will be expected to build, migrate, and implement server/network infrastructure changes in a hands-on capacity. You will be leading from the front and showing best practice.
- Windows Server 2003-2012
- 150+ Servers
- HyperV for virtualisation
- Networks; Cisco, Kerio (Checkpoint), Juniper, ASA
- Navision / Dynamics
- Some AWS for a bespoke application host
- Azure OR AWS on-prem to cloud migration project
- Lots of projects!
Here's the scale:
- You will be managing a team of 6, growing to 10
- The whole IT function is 15 strong at the moment growing to 30
- Looking after 350 sites across the UK
- 4000 end users
- 200 people based in your office
Attributes you must have:
- Looking for very experienced man-manger with a strong personality
- An individual that will instil culture and change
- Solid experience of day to day running and operations of an infrastructure team
- ITIL and Prince2 strong advantages
- An individual with lots of autonomy that does not need to be micromanaged and is happy to take responsibility for the infrastructure domain
- Excited to engage in new projects
- Staff training, development
- Offering new ideas and guidance around new technologies
There is a raft of project work on the cards for your future team. Please apply ASAP as this is an urgent role. Very generous remuneration and benefits package on offer here!
- 25 Days' Holiday + 1 days bonus
- Pension 5%
- Life Assurance
- 5% Bonus
- Dentist and basic health
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
IT Manager - Hands-on Windows Server & Network - Household Name! Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.