Communications Manager - 12 Month FTC
We are recruiting for a Communications Manager to join a large engineering institute on a 12 month FTC. You would be responsible for developing and maintaining communications channels with external agents and within the Institute’s staff, officers and volunteer communities to ensure that news and information about all relevant activities and initiatives is disseminated to both external and internal audiences through appropriate media.
You will be responsible for raising the visibility of the Institute in academic, industrial and professional communities, as well as the general public and non-member groups. You will interact with and develop relationships with other media groups and will develop communications in all media forms.
- Liaison with our clients departments and activity groups to co-ordinate promotion and activities through appropriate media.
- Development of internal communications channels between staff, officers and volunteers
- Writing articles and co-ordinating the content of the Institute News sections
- Responsibility for managing and co-ordinating the news content of our client’s website
- Management of online platforms/social media
- Development and manage of press and media relations
- Management of media partnerships and consponsorship agreements
- Liaison with design team in preparing literature for promotional activities.
- Collaboration as appropriate with other engineering bodies and networking groups
- Building a close working relationship with the Communications/Design team, Magazines team and the Sales and Marketing team will be expected
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and a good telephone manner are essential
- Experience in use of web content management software and email marketing software.
- Experience in a range of communications media, including print, online, social media and radio.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, and with accuracy under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Experience of interaction with overseas media and government press offices would be desirable
Successful candidates will be contacted within 5 working days.