We are pleased to be working with a well established client looking for Trainee Underwriter to join their expanding team!
Role purpose and context
Take personal ownership of handling quotations, proposals etc. Work as part of team,delivering high quality service to intermediaries
- Acquire motor underwriting knowledge.
- Consider quotation requests, proposals and/or amendments to existing policies and calculate premiums by referencing in line with Sabre risk pricing.
- Responsible for own case work and trained to make effective decisions within own authority level.
- Receive training to effectively handle telephone enquiries.
- Work to operational deadlines
- Respond to and take ownership of customer enquiries and allocated mail.
- Make a positive input into the team's effectiveness, suggesting ways in which work systems and processes can be altered and improved.
Reporting to the team leader, key internal relationships will be with other members of the team and other teams within Underwriting. Key external relationships will be with intermediaries.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A good standard of education required including minimum 5 GCSE passes or equivalent (grades A-C) including English (Literature & Language) and Mathematics.
- Some office experience and use of telephone in a professional context is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Basic technical/product knowledge
- Ability to understand and use established systems and processes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own work and manage workloads
- Attention to detail and ability to accurately record information.
- Planning and organising
- Delivering excellent customer services
- Team working
- Delivering results
- Embracing change
Training and support for continued professional development will be provided.